Economy Pool Sunshine Ionizer Model SPE
Treats up to 25,000 Gallons
Model SPE Instructions
We need to know the pipe size and voltage so you get the correct parts.
Beware of copper only pool ionizers with small round electrodes such as the Power Ionizer. Beware of high percentage silver electrodes. The silver content in ionizer electrodes should never contain high levels of silver as it is very toxic and causes staining at high levels.
See our Ionizer, How to Install, or FAQ pages for more information.
Model SPE Features
- Simple Low Cost System.
- Comes with a Copper Test Kit.
- Comes with an 8 oz Bottle of our Instant Ions with enough of our Copper Alloy Ions to treat 50,000 Gallons for Start-Up.
- Power Supply has Adjustable Output, and Polarity Switch. The power supply is for indoor use only unless used outdoors with a weather proof outlet cover installed over a weather proof outlet. The outlet must be wired to the pump timer so it has power only when the pump is running.
- Has Threaded Electrode Cell with a 2" Tee Fitting, and 1-1/2" Reducing Bushings if Needed.
- One Year Warranty.
- 30 Day Satisfaction Guaranty.
Model SPE Specifications:
- INPUT VOLTAGE: 120 or 240 Volts AC
- INPUT FREQUENCY: 50 TO 60 HERTZ
- OUTPUT VOLTAGE: 3 to 12 VDC
- OUTPUT CURRENT: .5 AMP. MAX
- CONTROLLER: NOT WEATHER PROOF
- FLOW RATE: 20 TO 100 GPM
- CELL: 2" PVC TEE
- CELL REPLACEMENT: 2" THREADED FITTING
- ELECTRODE SIZE AND TYPE: 1-1/2" HALF ROUND X 2-1/2" LONG COPPER ALLOY
- ELECTRODE WEIGHT: 1.5 LB
- TYPICAL ELECTRODE LIFE: 3 TO 5 YEARS
- CAPACITY: UP TO 25,000 GALLONS
Replacement Electrodes Model SPSC
Review Hide Reviews
My pool liner was changed out 6 years ago and I begin using the pool ionizer. Maintaining the pool water has never been easier. I live in South Ms and the summers are very warm here. I utilize an inline chlorinator with 3" tablets with the Sunshine ionizer and that's it for me. Water is always clear. I do add one gal of regulator cl2 bleach weekly (or whenever I remember). I do recommend you purchase a better copper test kit. I use a LaMotte Copper test kit model EC-70. Search the internet, you'll find someone who sells it (~$20). BTW, the electrodes normally last me about two years. I highly recommend this system to all residential pool owners.